Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Planning for the Future


Posted by PicasaSixth grade is going to be tough, for both Lexi and for me. It's sort of a "practice" year, "training" for middle school. This year, Lexi has one main teacher, but she and her classmates also rotate between the three sixth grade classrooms... one teacher teaches math, another teaches science, and the third teaches language. Don't get me wrong, I think this is brilliant. I'm a big fan of anything that will make the transition to middle school a little easier next year, and I think changing classrooms is great "practice" for 7th grade.
But I'm a little worried. Lexi hasn't had any homework yet, but I have. Everyday I have to check her planner and initial the day. If I (or Brad) don't do it, Lexi could get in trouble. It is her responsibility to get a signature every single day. Again, it's a great life lesson, and great practice for middle school, when she will have even more stuff to balance. And, I have to admit, I sort of like seeing on paper what she does everyday (I'm a big planner nerd myself). I also like the inspirational quotes her teacher gives them everyday. In fact, I like them so much, I've been copying them from Lexi's planner into my own. Now, I feel the need to share them with you...

  • Oh, the places you'll go!

  • Things are difficult before they are easy.

  • Go the extra mile.

  • "I think I can. I know I can." ~the Little Engine That Could

  • Be responsible. Actions have consequences.
I love all of these. They are all great quotes, send a great message, and hopefully, inspire my daughter (and her classmates) to do their very best, no matter what. I can't wait to see the rest of the year's quotes. I'm also kind of excited to see my little girl grow up into a responsible young lady. But, I'm still not sure I'm ready for her to be in middle school.

No comments: