Monday, October 6, 2008

Welcome Willy


Three kids and two dogs is plenty of excitement for one home. Lexi has been begging for about a year to get another dog, a small one that can sleep in her bed with her. Brad asked for another hunting dog about a month ago. I stood my ground with both of those requests, and I don't intend on backing down. Then again, I never imagined I'd say yes to a pet turtle either.

Brad found it in a gravel pit on the job site. He called and asked if I thought Jake would like to see it. I said sure, he had been talking about turtles just a few days before that. Before I knew what was happening, the turtle had a name (Willy), a tupperware for a home, and a special place in the hearts of Jake and Lizzy. We had a new pet.

Willy has been to school for show and tell (we had to get special permission from the office..pets are not normally allowed in school). He was a big hit, and Jake told his whole class he was going to keep Willy for a very long time. He has settled into his tupperware (don't worry..we cut breathing holes for him) on top of Jake's dresser. And the other day at Wal-Mart, I caved. I invested two dollars in a bottle of turtle food. Looks like Willy is sticking around for a bit longer.

No comments: