Sunday, November 30, 2008

Feeling Thankful

As I prepare myself for the new week, I am sorting through pictures of this weekend and Thanksgiving day (I've posted a few of my favorites). While I look at the pictures, I realize how much I have to be thankful for. Yes, it was a busy, stressful weekend (I made three trips to Mott, one to Bison and got up at 3am to shop on Friday), but I realize now, it was all worth it.

I got to see my parents, my brother, my grandparents and my uncle and his friend. I am so grateful that my kids have the chance to get to know my grandparents. They are awesome people and I've always admired them. I know my kids think they're pretty cool too.
In my many trips to Mott I also got to see most of my in-laws. Everyone except for Mat and Kileigh was home, so you can imagine the house was hopping! There was never a dull moment! That's what makes the Kerzman home so special...there's always something going on and something to do. I only wish I would have had more time to visit with each of my brothers and sisters in law. Mary rode to the farm with me on Saturday, so we had three hours of visiting, which was so fun! And, when we got back from Mott on Saturday, the girls and I got to spend time with Chrissy and Rory, Sheena and Jesse, and Ed and Madonna.
And, believe it or not, I am also thankful for my early morning shopping trip. Yes, it was crazy to get up at 3:00 in the morning. I was standing in line outside Kohl's with my friends at 3:40am. The doors opened at 4:00 am and by 5:45, I was out of that store (I didn't shop that whole time.. I stood in line to pay for over an hour!) and onto the next store. I hit four stores by 7:00 am. By 7:30, I was treating myself to a Starbucks coffee and heading home. I got the majority of our shopping done, which means instead of stressing out about shopping, this year I will enjoy this time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We will get our tree and other decorations up (hopefully) in the next few days and maybe the kids and I will even bake cookies this year!
So, I ask you this...what are you thankful for? Here's my list:
1. My family..that includes my kids, my husband, my parents, my grandparents, my brother, my sister and her family, Mary, Madonna, and my in-laws...even my dogs.
2. My home.
3. My job.. even though I complain and it stresses me out, it really is my dream job, and I enjoy it. I am also thankful to have a job so I can provide for my family.
4. My friends.... I couldn't get through a day without them (you know who you are!) and they remind me all the stuff I have to be thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the Christmas season!








Posted by Picasa

No comments: