Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Good Clean Fun

I'm not a big fan of bath time. It stresses me out, to be honest with you. I don't have the patience at the end of the day to fight with Lizzy about washing her hair, or to wait for her to be ready. Tonight, however, I found the patience. I scrubbed both Morgan and Lizzy, then took Morgan out of the tub while Lizzy played. She doesn't usually play in the tub very long, but tonight was different. Maybe because I left her alone and let her imagination take over. I had a long list of stuff I needed to do (Morgan wanted to be fed and put to bed, Lexi was baking brownies, the kitchen was a mess, there was laundry to fold, Jake was gone, Brad was working). While I started tackling that to-do list, Lizzy entertained herself in the tub. It didn't take me long to stop doing my chores and listen to her creativity, innocence, and imagination come to life.

Lizzy has a whole family of rubber ducks in the tub: there's Brad, Jody, Lexi, Lizzy, Morgan and now finally a Jake duck too (thanks to a successful Target stop earlier today) She's even got a Tesslin duck (Lexi's best friend who practically lives at our house).

I had to grab the video camera and get tonights duck conversation on tape.. here's the scene: Brad and Jody are on a date, Lizzy tags along, Mom gets mad at her and takes her home where Lexi and Jake are supposed to be babysitting. And in the second video, Brad and Jody are still on a date, Jake is going to Mary's house, Morgan is floating in the water, and Lexi, Tesslin and Lizzy are going to the park.

All this, because I let her play in the tub. Maybe bath time isn't so bad afterall.

No comments: