Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Random Thoughts

My mind is racing, my thoughts are scattered, and these are my random thoughts at the moment:
  • Soon, I'll be mom to FOUR kids. Yikes. Pregnancy has gone fast, yet at the same time, it feels like I've been pregnant forever! The crib is assembled, but that's about the only preparation we've made. Honestly, I think the only reason that is done is so Lizzy has time to get used to having the crib in her room. I'm a little scared about this sleeping arrangement... I've seen Lizzy throw lots of toys, most of them not soft toys, into the crib. I have visions of her doing that while baby is sleeping. I did pick up a couple of sleepers the other day when I was at Target, so baby will have something to wear home from the hospital. After that, we may just crank the heat and lounge around in diapers. Which reminds me, I should probably buy some diapers.
  • When baby comes, I will have a few days to myself. Very strange to think of a hospital stay as time to myself, but with current visitor restrictions at the hospital (because of H1N1) Brad is the only person that will be allowed to visit baby and me. Not even our other kids will be able to visit. So if you were planning to stop by, don't. They won't let you in!
  • I'm a little jealous of Lexi's basketball team. They finished their season tonight...undefeated! I never played on an undefeated team. Very cool. They really should have lost last night, but they surprised us all and came from behind to win (they were down by at least 12 points at one point). Her team was so fun to watch... all sweet girls who all got along really well. We celebrated by going out for pizza as a team tonight. The girls were so pumped and it was fun to visit with the other parents outside of the gym! I see lots of potential in these girls... perhaps a state championship in a few years?!?!? No pressure... but wouldn't that be cool?

  • While one basketball season ends, Lexi is gearing up for another. Traveling ball starts soon, and it will be fun to see how she plays with those girls. Only one of her teammates goes to her school.
  • Halloween. Jake and Lizzy are sooo excited. Lexi hasn't said much, but she's been pretty busy. Lizzy can't wait to wear her Abby Cadabby outfit, and Jake is pumped to be a hot dog. It's a funny costume, trust me. I'll make sure and take some pictures. Lexi will be a witch.....Lizzy is concerned that she will be a "good witch". It sounds like the weather will not cooperate though, in fact, snow is now in the forecast.
  • I wonder when road construction season will truly end. I've thought several times that Brad's busy season was over, only to have him work more long days. The overtime check will be nice, but having Brad home will be even nicer. I feel bad for him too... we are several weeks into the pheasant season and the poor guy hasn't been out once. Oh wait, he did go elk hunting for ten days...nevermind!
  • Names. Wonder what we will name this baby?!??!?! Lizzy insists it's a girl, and will be named Abby (after Abby Cadabby!) but what if it's a boy? I better dig out that baby name book....

No comments: