Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Kitchen Lessons

Brad spent most of ths evenng cleaning the oven. It was long overdue, but it's just one of those things I never get done.

He should probably get Husband of the Year for tackling this job. It was pretty gross. But, while I do the majority of the cooking, it can't be completely my fault.

Remember this summer when Lexi and Tess were on a baking frenzy? I think a few pans of their famous monster bars must have overflowed in the oven.
A six-course meal, calls for fancy china.
Amazingly, only one glass got broken!

And a few weekends ago, Lexi had both Tess and Taylor over for a sleepover. They are so good at thinking of things to do. This sleepover was all about cooking. They planned, shopped for, and cooked Lizzy, Morgan and I an entire meal. We're talking a six course meal. It was actually delicious. But the best part wasn't the food in my belly (although I do love food!). The best part was watching them work together and plan this big project. They learned how to slice potatoes and cook noodles, but they also learned about teamwork, following directions  and organization.

Perhaps their next lesson will be how to clean an oven....

The Chefs






No comments: