- 993.3 - the number of miles I drove last weekend... in three days... with five kids and just one other adult. Sheena and Jorja rode with my four kids and me to Minnesota for the weekend. We spent time at Chrissy's, went to the Minnesota Zoo, where we met two of my favorite neices and one of my favorite sisters-in-law, and ate at Olive Garden (thanks to my dentist for the $20 gift card, I could afford to take the kids there!). We came home in one piece, I survived on Diet Coke and beer (thanks Shane) and I think Sheena and I are still friends. We made millions of memories, and I survived with only one injury (Jake kneed me in the leg...hit a vein and lef the biggest bruise I've ever seen.. I just tell people you should see my son!)
- One - the number of school days complete in this school year. I kind of feel like a bad mom for being so excited about today. It's the routine. I love it. But I do have a little guilt about not even driving my kids to their first day... I had to be to work early, so I made them get dressed, took a picture in our usual spot on the front step (I have never been allowed to take pictures of them at school....soooo embarassing!), then I left for work, and they finished getting ready before walking to school. It's only one mile, but it was the first day of 6th and 4th grade....oh well, they survived. Supposedly they didn't even fight on the walk. I'm not sure I believe them. And, in keeping with my mother of the year pursuit, not only did I make them walk to school, I was late picking them up this afternoon! Oops.
- 19 - the number of hours I've already put in at work this week. I know that doesn't seem like a lot to those of you who work full-time, but for my part-time gig, it's just one hour away from being out of hours. How the heck did that happen? I've been so busy this week I didn't even realize I'd been working that much, until I filled out my time sheet today (in a nice, organized way... just like I like it!) The good news is, I probably get to leave work early tomorrow. But add to those 19 hours all the hours I put in organizing a PTO open house, and it's through the roof. I think the open house was a success, but there are over 800 left over ice cream cups and close to 300 extra bottles of water and I haven't had more than five hours of sleep in the past week.... but still, it was actually kind of fun. You know why? Because I'm a nerd, and actually like organizing big events like that.
- 50 - the number of pounds I keep thinking I'd like to lose. I have some motivation now... Brad and I get to go to Hawaii in March. I should really get motivated...
- 22 - the number of M&M's I just ate. I should probably not buy them anymore, or I'll never lose those 50 pounds.
Thursday, August 26, 2010
The Numbers Don't Lie
I am not a numbers person. Numbers scare me. I am not good at math. I can't balance a checkbook (I used to be able to do that, but I apparently lost that skill in childbirth) My kids know better than to ask me for help with math homework. Yet, I am amazed by numbers. I think it's because they scream "organization" and "routine", two things I absolutely love, and wish I had more of. I also love numbers because so often, it is numbers that tell the true story. So, for the past few weeks, when I haven't been writing, I've been keeping track of numbers.... and I've discovered, the numbers don't lie....