Tuesday, February 21, 2012

And Then It Was Quiet...

This cartoon pretty much sums up my life:


Everyone yelling and running around like crazy people.

Even Morgan.

When she really wants to get her point across, she stomps her foot, stares you in the eye, yells some random sounds, pauses, then adds a very dramatic "huh".

While that's cute, I really hate the yelling.

I hate the yelling so much I even made it one of my resolutions for 2012: stop yelling.

I don't yell as much, but I still yell.

I justify it by telling myself, if I speak in a normal voice, no one will hear me.

Our house is just so loud.

So loud.

I can't stand it.

I know I'll miss the noise someday.

But not today.

Today I really just long for a few minutes, preferably before midnight, of peace and quiet.

Yet, here it is: 12:46 am.

It is finally quiet.

I think it's the first silence I've enjoyed all day, and technically, it's a new day, which means yesterday was extra loud.

But even now, it's not really quiet.

I'm listening to the sound of the dishwasher (which I'd put off starting earlier because I swear it's getting noiser everytime I run it) and the snoring from the little girls' room (which is actually pretty cute).

But here's the thing... now it's actually too quiet.

I can't enjoy my book, because it's too quiet.

Or maybe it's because I'm exhausted.

At any rate, if I've learned anything in the past few years, this too shall pass.

Soon, very soon... and way earlier than I'd like, the noise will resume.

And it will likely be yelling.

I can't wait.

Seriously.

I can't wait to see what tomorow will bring, noise and all!
 

No comments: