Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sweet Baby Girl


She's here. Morgan Louise Kerzman arrived on November 11th, 2009 at 5:43 pm. She tipped the scales at nine pounds eight ounces and 22 inches long. Yes, she's a big baby...but she's perfect! She's got the chubbiest cheeks I've ever seen on a newborn and so far her personality is easy going, just like her dad.

I've had a lot of time to study Morgan...in fact, I've had her pretty much all to myself...the hospital has a visitors retriction because of the flu which means Brad and Dwayne from work have been the only people allowed in...and Dwayne got in only because of his camera! He got some great pictures...check back soon for those. Its been hard on the other kids, not seeing me or meeting their new baby sister, but we plan to be home by the time they get home from school tomorrow. In the meantime, I've had lots of "me" time to enjoy baby, and reflect on the past nine months. I'm not sure I'm "with it" enough to put those reflections into words quite yet, so instead, I will write about the funny things that have happened during Morgan's short life...

On our way to labor and deliery yesterday morning, a lady in the elevator said to me "you look just like Jody Kerzman from tv". I gave her a funny look (according to my sweet husband, it was funny, not mean) and said, in between contractions, "um, that's because I'm her". She got all excited and asked about baby, blah, blah, blah.

Thank goodness our next stop was our floor. Then funny thing number two.... the elevator doors opened and there stood my doc and her med student! Talk about service! In all my experiences with childbirth, I've never been met at the elevator by my dcotor!

Today, two meals were delivered to my room, at the same time Brad walked in with two Burger Time burgers. The cafeteria delivery was the strangest thing... we didn't order food, and we had to pay for the second meal! Aside from the apple pie, both mels were both totally disgusting, by the way.

And, just minutes before Morgan joined the world, as the doctors, nurses, med students, nursing students were rushing into the room, my darling husband said "I need to use the bathroom" and left the room. I was shocked, but too distracted (um, about to give birth here!) to ask what his problem was. I wondered if he was sick, but didn't really care enough to ask. I found out today he left the room to text his buddy Steve!!!!! Apparently he had texted him earlier in the day, and Steve had just responded with "did you have that baby yet?".... Brad left the room to text back "in about five minutes". Had this been our first baby, I'd probably be really mad about this, but at this point... it just makes me laugh...and gives me something to give Steve grief about for the next several years!

In all seriousness, though I am so thankful to have Morgan here. We have been blessed once again. She is a wonderful reminder of what is really important in life. I had forgotten how much I love babies, and how nothing beats the smell of a freshly bathed baby. We never planned on having four kids... I was happy with two, Brad wanted six. Four was a compromise. But now that she's here, I can't imagine life without Morgan. Number four has made our family completee, and already, brought many laughs and good memories.

No comments: