Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Power of Prayer

I meant to write this yesterday...so many of you texted and emailed to tell me you were thinking of us all day and praying. I appreciate that so very much, but I just couldn't find words, or energy to describe our appointment yesterday. So I will try again this morning.

Yesterday was an exhausting day, mentally and physically. I had a bad feeling from the beginning...when we had trouble finding the right clinic and again when they were running way behind schedule. But, my feeling was wrong. The appointment went great!

The ultrasound showed baby's heart is working perfectly! No more skipping beats! We heard it, and saw it, and the ultrasound tech was great about explaining everything. We met with the doctor, a perinatolologist (which is basically an ob-gyn who deals with complicated pregnancies). He assured us that everything looks great. Not only did baby cooperate for heart pictures, they were also able to get all the other measurements they needed to say that everything looks normal.

He did say my doctor will likely want me to come in for weekly visits for awhile, just to make sure the heart doesn't start skipping beats again, or start beating to fast or too slow (that's actually more of a concern than skipping beats). If everything is ok in a few weeks, we'll go back to regular visits.

This is a huge weight off my shoulders. I've been preoccupied, worried, and scared about this for weeks. I was preparing for the worst, and hoping for the best. I truly believe this is a testament of the power of prayer. All of my friends and family who added us to your daily prayers, thank you. Prayer works! Keep praying!

Finally, we still don't know if the baby is a boy or a girl. We decided we did not want to find out, and the ultrasound tech said baby wasn't cooperating, so she wouldn't have been able to tell us if we would have asked!

Here are the updated pictures...hopefully they are the last ultrasound pictures we'll have! My favorite is the fist picture...he or she is ready to take on the world, and big sister Lizzy!








No comments: