Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Laundry Lessons

I've decided it's time to teach my son how to do laundry. I came to this realization tonight, when Jake announced he was "commando", because he didn't have any clean underwear. Turns out he'd been commando the entire day! I wonder how long this would have gone on before he finally asked me to wash some underwear?

Jake started Laundry 101 just minutes after his announcement. His job: gather the dirty clothes from his bedroom and bathroom. Then I showed him how to sort the clothes into different loads. I don't think he got it. He's a smart kid, but something tells me sorting clothes is completely over his head. So I put the load of underwear in the washer myself, and then the dryer too. Maybe I can teach him to fold? Or, perhaps we should start small, and focus on putting his laundry away without unfolding it! Of course, these are big goals. I'm still trying to teach Brad these same lessons.

But I have done my part. Neither of my boys will have to go "commando" tomorrow. The laundry is now done...it's up to them to put it away!

No comments: