Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Late, late, late!

It is 10:09 pm. I am tired. Exhausted, actually. But something tells me it's going to be a late night.

"Late" seems to be the word of the day today. I have been running late all day, and my streak seems to be continuing well past my bedtime.

I was late picking the kids up from school. In my defense, it's the first time I've had to pick them up all year and I'm a little out of practice. I was only a few minutes late, but the poor kids were standing in the parking lot looking like orphans. I figured since we were already running late, and Lizzy had already missed her nap, we'd run a few errands after school. Bad idea. Lizzy crashed on the way home. That was 4:30 pm....two and a half hours later than her normal nap time. That late nap meant she slept until 6:30 pm. While she slept, I started making tacos for supper, but realized we were missing a few key ingredients. Of course, we didn't make it to the store until 7:00, which meant supper didn't get on the table until 7:45... late, late, late! The bright side.... Brad got to eat supper with us. But now I am paying for Lizzy's late nap...she has no desire to go to sleep.

It is now 10:16 pm. I am going to shut the light off and hope Lizzy takes the hint and goes to sleep. But, the way this day has gone, she will stay up late, sleep late in the morning...and make me late all over again. This does not make me happy. I do not like being late. It stresses me out, actually. But with three, soon to be four kids, I suppose it is inevitable I will be late from time to time. Still, I'd rather not be late for bedtime!

No comments: