Monday, March 30, 2009

More Snow!


Enough already. I try not to complain about the weather. I live in North Dakota, for heaven's sake...if I just wait five minutes, the weather will change. But this is getting ridiculous. Last week it was flooding. This week it's a blizzard. We have nearly 16 inches since last night, and it's still snowing. I'm not really sure the pictures do the snow justice. It is insane out there! The kids didn't have school today (only the second time Bismarck public schools have had a snow day since 1997..the first was in November).

Meantime, Brad is in Fargo, helping fight the flood. The river crested, and is going down, but there is word now that the Red River may crest again, because of today's snow. And there are flood concerns in Bismarck again. The ice jams are not cleared up, and 16 inches of snow will melt..it's supposed to be 41-degrees by Saturday. We're not sure when Brad will be home, Wednesday at the earliest.

The kids would love another snow day, but I'm not sure I can handle another crazy mixed up day! I am craving routine! And I am thankful for all those who helped me through this snow day: Moira, Rick, Travis, Paul, Sandy, just to name a few. Let's hope we don't have to do this again tomorrow!

No comments: